Sunday, September 27, 2015

Soldiers without Eqipment

For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.

I feel lately like I have been on the battlefield without break. Do you ever just feel that there is a war waged against you? You feel like throwing your hands over your head and wave the white flag. That is the way I have felt for the longest while now. I started writing this blog intending on directing it on another topic but then it got lead in this direction.  I started thinking about a soldier’s mission and how he prepares for battle. I hope I am following the leading of the Lord.
If I am enlisted in the Lord's army, I was called for great and important duty and to proclaim justice and spread the Good News. I was not called to throw my hands over my head and wave my white flag. I was called to fight.
Let us talk about the soldier for a moment. Soldier: is one who fights as part of an organized land based arm force. The word is from Anglo-French soudeer or soudeour, meaning mercenary. A soldier continually strengthens himself mentally and physically through ongoing training. To build physical fitness and confidence, to instill discipline and obedience, and be taught the fundamental military skills necessary to function in the army. Some special soldiers are trained in night operations. He wears protective garments. They learn also about possible enemy strategies and tactics.
I ask myself how comes those that are called and anointed to do Gods work are always giving up so quickly and quick to give in to the enemy. Many times those that are suppose to carry the light have no light themselves and are emerged in the dark.
At the worst of times I think that the Lord has forsaken me, but how could that be. He made me in his own image and gave me dominion over His earth and most importantly gave his only son on the cross to take my place. He loves me so profoundly I still don’t even get it.
We are given everything to succeed for the work we are created to do. Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also.
I truly have struggled on this path lately, believing God for all that He has promised has been a real problem. Believing with all the faith that He has allowed me has been a battle for me. Then when my eyes are open I remember that my Father said I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength.
Now going back, if my walk is much like that of a soldier then that means God has equipped me with all that I need. The same is required of the Christian as what is required of the soldier. Many of us are naïve to think that once we are saved that is the end, we will walk with the Lord, nothing will go wrong. STOP!! Please realize that the devil is real and sin is real and wickedness is real. This world is not your home, have you forgotten that you are just passing through. It is not the things that we can see that I feel we have to worry so much about, but it is the invisible spiritual things that we have little understanding of.
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints.
It cannot always be about you and me, let us look to what Christ did for the world as our example. The world at this present moment is need of your service. You are called to service. You are the city upon a hill. Let your light shine for the world to see.
There is so much suffering in the world, the Lord is asking us to take up the cross and serve for Him. Is the darkness not at our door? Please do not close your eyes. Will a soldier be called and sent with no sword or armor or any way to win the fight? No. In the same way the Lord calls us but make sure we have all we need to win. The Lord is with us still, he is the same yesterday, today and forever.  Let us not give in and if you don’t know the Lord, know this that he has great plans for your life.
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound. To proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn.

The Lord is my light and my salvation of whom shall I fear. The Lord is the strength of my life of whom shall I be afraid. God please give us the faith to trust you, give us your strength to walk this narrow path. Help us to distinguish the devil’s fiery darts and all evil that is sent against those that are calling upon your name. I am nothing of myself but all things are possible with you. Help me to be well prepared for battle. The world is in need of my service. Help me to remember others in these perilous times, help my heart  not to be weakened and help me to love  as you do. Go ahead of me and my brothers and sisters in all we do. Amen.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment